Establish a Rigorous Problem Management Process
Use the ITIL framework to implement both reactive and proactive problem management practices.
Major Business Pain Points
Methodology and Tools
1. Make the case for problem management
Identify the problem management objectives and gain critical stakeholder support by articulating the benefits.
2. Assess current state and determine goal state
Review current problem management practices and select a goal state that supports the envisioned process goals.
3. Enhance the service desk and incident management processes
Set up the problem management process for success by enhancing critical input sources.
4. Set the foundation for problem management
Develop a standardized procedure for the problem management process.
5. Develop the problem management process
Review the current problem management practices and verify the goal state supports the envisioned process goals (Fundamental, Comprehensive, Proactive).
6. Manage successful problem resolutions
Identify the course of action following root cause determination and coordinate with change and release management.
7. Implement a problem management process and measure its performance
Develop an action plan for the process implementation and monitor the process using metrics.