Cyber Leadership Institute's African Cyber Leaders Scholarship Program
Cyber Leadership Program (CLP)
Learn real-world cyber resilience leadership skills from cyber-industry leaders.
Next start date: Monday 29 January 2024
Applications close: Friday, 12 January 2024
This is a strategic effort to empower the next generation of African Cyber Leaders with executive influencing, leadership and strategy execution skills to drive positive change within their organisations. This is also a fantastic opportunity for African Cyber Leaders to strengthen collaboration with their global peers. We will select the scholarship recipient for each cohort based on the following criteria:
- Possess at least 7 years’ experience in cyber security. We will consider young leaders with five years’ experience in exceptional circumstances.
- A commitment to serving the boarder cyber security industry through active and demonstrable volunteering.
- Possess strong ambition to accelerate into a CISO or cyber executive role.
- Is located within continental Africa (this scholarship doesn’t extend to Africans in the diaspora)
- Is committed to contributing their acquired skills to enhance the resilience of the African digital ecosystem.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- You are a cyber-leader located within continental Africa.
- You have at least seven years of experience in cyber security, ideally with management experience.
- You are eager to take this course in full until the end, and you understand the time commitment that this opportunity requires.
- You are looking to enhance your technological knowledge with executive leadership skills, so you can thrive in the C-suite and with the board.
The program offers even more unprecedented benefits
- A convenient 8-week online program that streamlines your learning
- Provides the skills you need to complement your knowledge of technology with the executive skills to thrive at the top of your organization
- Offers expert ongoing mentorship and support
- Best practices for managing cyber risk and increasing cyber resilience
- Includes 12-month premium membership in the Cyber Leadership Hub, which is made up of business leaders who support each other’s participation in cyber resilience, as well as share and co-create methods and toolsets
THE CYBER LEADERSHIP PROGRAM (CLP):
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
- Next Class - Start Date: 29 January 2024
- Delivery Method: Online on-demand classes, with one weekly live Q&A session with the course instructors
- Effort: 4-5 hours per week (of self-paced learning)
- Completion Requirement: Strategy project
- Topics Covered and Structure: Click here to learn more
THE CYBER-INDUSTRY LEADERS YOU'LL LEARN FROM
Chairman and Co-Founder
- Ranked in the Top 100 Chief Information Security Officers globally in 2017 and 2022, and the top 100 Global IT Security Influencers in 2018.
- Global Head Information and Cyber Security Officer – Standard Chartered Bank. Former CISO of Qantas Airlines.
- Board member, keynote speaker with over 20 years’ experience in executive positions.
CEO and Co-Founder
- Bestselling author of the The Five Anchors of Cyber Resilience - an executive cyber strategy book.
- Winner of multiple industry awards, including ISACA International’s 2017 Best Book / Article Award SACA’s for his paper, “The Automation Conundrum.”
- Featured in multiple channels and publications (ISACA International Magazine, The NZ Business Herald, IT News, The Australian).
- Named as one of the Top 7 Global Cyber Security Leaders in 2023 by the Security Magazine and ISACA.
COO and Co-Founder
- Former senior Cyber security Partner with a Big 4 firm in Australia and Switzerland for more than 25 years.
- Over 35 years consulting experience, managing large teams to deliver complex cyber transformational projects.
- Advisor to several companies, working with senior executives and boards of directors.
- Named in the IFSEC Top 25 Most Influential Global Cyber Security Professionals in 2022.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINES:
- Complete the "Application Form" and attach any supporting materials that will help us assess why you should be awarded this scholarship.
- Application Deadline: Friday, 12 January 2024
- Results will be announced on Friday, 19 January 2024
- Scholarship Fees: Free of Charge
If you need further clarifications, please feel free to contact the team at the Cyber Leadership Institute at [email protected]
(adjustable to your schedule)
4-5 hours per week
(of self-paced learning)